Twin Baby Shower Fruit Basket
With these few, simple tricks, you’ll be able to make an amazing twin baby shower fruit basket in no time. You can use other kinds of fruit if you’re not overly fond of berries.
For the twin baby shower fruit basket, you’ll need
- 1 watermelon (for the pram)
- Blueberries (for the blanket, use as much as you like)
- Grapes (for the blanket, use as much as you like)
- 2 pacifiers
- Strawberries (for the blanket, use as much as you like)
- 3 oranges (for the babies heads and the wheels of the pram)
- Stringed licorice (for hair or to use as bows)
- 1 marker (to draw the eyes on)
Make the pram
Cut the watermelon almost in half by using a sharp knife. Leave some of the top on – this is the roof of the pram. Scoop out the watermelon flesh. A watermelon contains a lot of water, so you might want to put on an apron. Turn the spoon around and scrape the remaining flesh out. Save the watermelon’s flesh for the blanket. Take one of the oranges and cut four round slices to use as wheels.
Make the babies
Use two oranges* for the heads. Use a marker and draw the babies eyes on. Use a small knife and cut little oblong holes as mouths. Put in the pacifiers. Place the heads in the pram and prepare the licorice. You can lay it over the babies heads as hair or make bows to put on top.
*You can also use mangoes as heads, blueberries as eyes and strawberries as mouths. Attach the blueberries and strawberries with toothpicks.
Cut out the rest of the fruit and leftover fruit flesh, and put it in the watermelon as a blanket covering the babies bodies.
Now your twin baby shower fruit basket is ready to be admired and eaten!