Healthy pizza bites with wholegrain
Try these healthy pizza bites with wholegrain. They are high on fibers and will keep you and your children feeling full longer. They can be put in the freezer and when you defrost, they’ll still taste great. With this recipe, you can make around 20 small pizza bites.
Ingredients for the dough:
4 dl water
50 g yeast
5 tablespoons of olive oil
100 g graham flour
500 g whole grain flour
Ingredients for the topping:
1/2 dl water
3 cloths of garlic
1 can of peeled tomatoes
1 teaspoon of dried basil
450 g of beef – choose meat of a high quality
150 g of bacon*
* For a healthy alternative to pork, try turkey bacon. However, don’t eat more of it, because you believe it’s the better option – read more about turkey bacon.
How to make the healthy pizza bites
– Heat up the water. It needs to be lukewarm.
– Add the yeast and stir.
– Add 3 tablespoons of oil, 3 teaspoons of salt and all the flour. Knead the dough well.
– Let the dough rise for 45 minutes
– Knead the dough, when it has risen. Form around 20 small buns.
– Place the buns on trays lined with baking paper. Pressure them flat with your palm.
– Peel and chop the garlic and the union.
– Heat up 2 tablespoons of oil in a pot. Fry the onions and garlic for about 1 minute
– Add 1/2 dl water, tomatoes, basil and 1 teaspoon of salt
– Let the sauce cook at low heat and without a lid on for about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
– Cut the bacon into small pieces. Heat up 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and fry the bacon. Put the bacon on a plate and add some more oil to the pan. Fry the beef until it’s cooked through. Season it with salt and pepper and take the pan of the stove.
– Distribute the sauce on to the pizza bites. Put the beef and bacon on top.
– Bake the healthy pizza bites in a preheated oven on 200 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.