Healthy granola bar recipe: Easy and fast
You and your children will go crazy for this Nordic-inspired healthy granola bar recipe. It’s easy to make the granola bars and you don’t have to stay long in the kitchen. Your little ones can even assist.
Healthy granola bar recipe
Ingredients (for 18 bars):
50 g cranberry
½ dl hazelnuts
1 dl pumpkin seeds
3 dl rolled oats
50 g dried apricots
1 ½ dl honey*
½ dl chia seeds
100 g figs
100 g rye bread
3 dl bran flakes (or another healthy breakfast cereal)
* Honey should not be given to children below the age of 12 months due to infant botulism. Use another kind of sweetener instead if you want your baby to have a taste – for instance condensed milk.
– Chop the dried apricots and figs into small bits and grate the rye bread. Put the ingredients in a bowl and add the cranberries, hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds, rolled oats and chia seeds. Knead the honey into the ingredients. Make sure it sticks – if not, add more honey.
– Place the sticky mass on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Form the mass into a square, approximately 25 centimeter x 25 centimeter. Make your hands wet, press the mass really well together and straighten the edges.
– Bake in a preheated oven set on 150 degrees Celsius. Take out the tray and let it cool for 10 minutes. Cut out into muesli bars. You can do it by cutting three lanes in one direction and six in the other.
– Let the granola bars cool completely and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The granola bars can last for about three weeks.
Do you have a healthy granola bar recipe you’d like to share? Feel free to post it in a reply below this article – we love to be inspired!