17 Weeks Pregnant With Twins: Symptoms, Belly & Ultrasound Pictures
When you’re 17 weeks pregnant with twins, you may not feel your babies kicking yet. It’s nothing to worry about if you’ve felt no movement at this stage of your pregnancy.
You should feel your babies move within the next six weeks. If you’re worried, you should get an ultrasound scan to ensure that both babies are well.
Pregnancy diet, nutrition & prenatal vitamins
You should take iron supplements especially if your doctor or midwife recommends it. Also, stay active. You reduce the risk of backaches, constipation, bloating and swelling if you exercise at least half an hour a day.
Don’t force yourself to go to a gym if you don’t like gyms. Pick an activity you like – at least one you don’t hate. Set the bar low if you’re lacking motivation or energy. Going for a short brisk walk is much better than not going at all.
Pregnancy symptoms & belly pictures
Other people can most likely tell that you’re pregnant by now. However, you can be 17 weeks pregnant with twins and not showing. It’s rare but possible.
It depends on the shape you’re in, your twin pregnancy weighs gain, your pre-pregnancy weight and whether or not this is your first second-trimester pregnancy. Other symptoms are:
- Your uterus is growing continuously as your babies grow.
- Your mucous membranes might swell up due to ramped-up hormones, and you may feel like you have a cold all the time. This can make you snore.
- You may experience an increased amount of vaginal discharge.
- You may get a vaginal yeast infection. This is normal during pregnancy due to an altered pH value in the vagina. Itching is the main indicator of vaginal yeast infection. You need to see your doctor if you suspect that you might have an infection.
- You may get sick more often. The body is less able to fight infection because your immune system is suppressed during pregnancy.
Baby size & development
When you’re 17 weeks pregnant with twins, your babies are approximately 13 cm (5.12 inches) from head to rump. Your babies are at times very active. There’s still plenty of space in your uterus.
Your baby’s nervous systems are already so well developed that your babies to some extent are able to coordinate their movements. They’re kicking their legs and can do somersaults – both forwards and backward.
When your babies move they’re mostly twitching. They react if they hear a loud sound from outside the womb that startles them.
17 weeks pregnant with twins ultrasound pictures
This ultrasound picture is taken at 16+1 weeks. The twins are di-di twins meaning that they have separate sacs and placentas.
This ultrasound picture is taken at 16+6 weeks. The twins have separate sacs and placentas. This makes them di-di twins.
Previous week – 16 weeks pregnant with twins
Next week – 18 weeks pregnant with twins